Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteren`s Day

When i was a child I always loved to go to my Grandmother`s house.Of course mimmaw always spoiled me and my brothers. And she definitely made the best biscuits in Alabama but there was another reason why I loved to go to her house.I always wanted to see the two medals my grandfather was awarded during WWII (Bronze Star and Purple Heart)and I wanted to see the American flag they sent her because my grandfather didn`t get come home.He fell on a frozen piece of earth called Elsenburn Ridge in Belgium.He was killed during the Battle of the Bulge.He left behind a wife and four children.
I had always wanted to join the military in some way but life always seemed to interfere with my plans.Then on one fateful Tuesday morning our country was attacked and my fate was sealed.I joined the ALANG and I have not regretted my decision.Some people might say it`s corny to love your country and to be proud to wear the uniform but I know that one day(hopefully in the far future)That I too will have the honor of having our flag draped across my coffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment