Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Surgery Was a Success!

The pressure is on.....My hands must be steady and true.....A bead of sweat runs down my cheek.Will my patient survive?I`m not sure,but I must do my best.Let`s see I `ve never done a double transplant like this before.I check my patient and a blank expression is on her face.I wonder what the ramifications will be if I botch this surgery.Will she ever be accepted by society again?Or will she be thrown aside,discarded like a piece of old rubbish.And what of her new owner.Will she be able to sleep through the night knowing that I have failed her?AHA!One limb back in place,but now comes the tricky part getting the other limb back into place.The time is ticking away.My hands are starting to cramp.Can i turn to my partner?No I must do this alone.I must be the one to heal her.YES!The other limb is back in place.Now to tie off the the suture...careful....careful...I must tie a secure knot.Whew! the procedure is a success.Now to take the patient back to her loving owner.As I walk into the room I am filled with a sense of accomplishment and pride as I hear the owner say "Thank you Daddy for fixing my Barbie Doll!"I respond with a reassuring "It was nothing Sweetie,now remember her legs will not bend that way so be careful."Yes Dr.Geddon performed another successful double leg reattachment surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment